Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Last Updated: September 17, 2020
What About International Users?
Your Information may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your country, province, state, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may be different than those in your jurisdiction.
If you choose to provide information to us and you are located outside of the United States, we will transfer that information to the United States for processing. Your use of the Services and your submission of information each represents consent to that transfer.
What Information is Collected?
We may request and collect PII as well as other information in connection with your use of, and access to, the Services. We collect the following types of information from our users:
Information Provided to Us
Information Collected Automatically
We receive and store information in our server logs when you interact with the Services from your Internet browser, including IP (Internet Protocol) address, search queries, cookies, mobile device identification, as well as the pages and listings you request. We may use this information when developing or improving new or current Services.
Information Collected Using Cookies
Information Collected from Third Parties
If you choose to register on our Site or otherwise link your FP account with a third party service, we may receive the same type of information we collect from you or additional information, such as demographic and employment data, social media networking, and imprints or fraud detection information, from third party services and combine it with other information that we have about you.
We collect statistical information about how our users collectively use the Services. While some of this data may be derived from PII, the statistical data is not PII and does not identify individual users. We use this data to determine how often certain parts of the Services are used so we can continue to improve our Services. As part of use, we may provide data to our partners about how our users collectively use our site as well as how often our visitors use their services to improve the overall experience of all users.
How Do We Use Your Information?
In addition to the uses detailed above, we may also use information that we collect:
- to present the Services and its contents to you.
- to provide you with information or services that you request.
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- to contact you regarding the Services or your account.
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights regarding any contracts entered including for billing and collection.
- to notify you about changes to the Services or any services we offer or provide though the Services.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Services.
- to conduct research and development for the improvement of the Services, the development of new services and offerings and in connection with our business.
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Third Party Partners and Service Providers.
We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, employment information, or fraud detection information, from third party partners and service providers and combine it with other information that we have about you. We work with third party partners and service providers to perform Services on our behalf, and we may share your Personal Information, such as your email address, with such partners and service providers to help us provide the Services.
Email Communications with Us and Other Users
As part of the Services, we may occasionally send email or other communications. By posting information on the Services, or requesting that we post information on your behalf, you acknowledge and agree that we and our Agents, landlords, buyers, sellers, or tenants and others may contact you via email or other communication.
You may opt out of communications from FP by following the instructions on the email communications or by emailing us at [email protected], though doing so may limit your access to certain feature of the Services. This opt-out does not include communications from third parties. Additionally, FP and others may wish to send expressions of appreciation. You acknowledge and agree that your PII may be shared for such purposes.
Information Shared with Our Agents
Entities that we contract, including our independent contractor licensed real estate salespersons and brokers may offer or provide services to you (“Agents”). You consent to our sharing PII with our agents in connection with services related to the purchase, sale, financing or lease of properties and the marketing and advertising of such properties and services.
Information Disclosed Pursuant to Business Transfers
FP may choose to buy or sell assets, and in these transactions PII is generally one of the assets transferred. In addition, if we or a significant amount of our assets were acquired, or if we enter bankruptcy or go out of business, user information would be included in transferred or acquired assets. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that entities that acquire some or all of our assets may continue to use your PII as detailed in this policy.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others
We reserve the right to access, read, store, and disclose any information as we believe is necessary to:
- (i) satisfy applicable regulation, law, governmental request, or legal process,
- (iii) identify, prevent, or address technical or security issues or fraud,
- (iv) support user requests, or
- (v) protect our users, the public or our legal rights, which includes the exchange of information with other entities for spam, malware, and fraud protection and prevention.
Information Shared for Services Performed
Information provided by you may be used without limitation to provide the Service and transactions within the Services to you. This information includes your search criteria, username, profile information, address and co-habitant information which may be shared with potential owners, landlords, co-brokers, our third-party service providers, our Agents and partners, and will be used without limitation as applicable to your request for Services. We may also share your PII if you are a landlord or owner, with potentials buyers, tenants, brokers, as well as our partners, third-party service providers, and our Agents as applicable.
Information We Share with Consent
Except as noted above, you will receive notification when PII is shared with third parties and will be able to prevent sharing of your PII.
FP may track and collect your online activities across third party websites or services. However, we comply with “do not track” setting in your web browser regarding the collection of PII and your online activities.
Additional Limits on Use of Google User Data
Restrictions are in place for how your Google data is used by us if provided by you:
- We only use access to read/write controls, metadata, headers, and settings to provide a web email client that allows users to compose, send, read, and process emails and will not transfer this Gmail data to others unless doing so is necessary to provide and improve these features, comply with applicable law, or as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets.
- We do not use this Google data for displaying advertisements.
- We do not allow humans to read non-aggregated and anonymized data without affirmative agreement for specific messages, unless it is required for security purposes, to comply with laws or regulations, or for internal operations.
Is Your Personal Information Secure?
We store all information, including IP address data using industry-standard security measures. We do not guarantee or warrant that the measures will prevent unauthorized access to stored data, personal or otherwise. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What Information Can I Access?
You may be able to view or in certain situations, update information that we have stored about you. However, a copy of unrevised data may be kept in our records. You can request account deletion by sending an e-mail to our webmaster at [email protected] Please note that some information may remain in our records after your account is deleted.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits California residents who use our Services to request certain information regarding how we disclose PII to third parties for direct marketing. To requestion this information, please send an email to [email protected] or write us at: Find Probate LLC, 100 Fisher Ave. #952, White Plains, NY 10606.
If you are a California Consumer, you have certain rights regarding the collection, use, transfer, and processing of your “Personal Information”, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). We reserve the right to limit these rights where permitted under applicable law, including where your identity cannot be reasonably verified or to the extent your rights adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
To exercise any of the rights below, please contact us via the contact information below. Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
Collection of Personal Information
When California Consumers access the Find Probate websites, use Find Probate services, contact Find Probate, or visit one of our physical locations, we collect the following Personally Identifying Information.
You have the right to be notified of what categories of Personal Information will be collected at or before the point of collection and the purposes for which they will be used and shared.
You have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information that we collected in the previous twelve (12) months, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected, the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such Personal Information is collected and shared. You also have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties in the twelve (12) months preceding your request for your Personal Information.
You have the right to request to have your Personal Information deleted from our servers and we will direct our service providers to do the same. However, please be aware that we may not fulfill your request for deletion if we (or our service provider(s)) are required to retain your Personal Information for one or more of the following categories of purposes: (1) to complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or complete a contract between us and you; (2) to ensure our website integrity, security, and functionality; (3) to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law; (4) to otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information about consumers.
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information about minors.
- Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold
You have the right to request that Find Probate disclose the PII it collects, uses, and discloses about you to third parties.
There are two types of Right to Know requests you can make:
- Right to Know (Categories of Information): Upon verifiable request, you will receive the following information about you:
- a. Category of personal information collected,
- b. Categories of sources from where the information was collected,
- c. The business or commercial purpose(s) for which the information was collected,
- d. The categories of third parties to whom Find Probate sold or disclosed the category of personal information for a business purpose, and
- e. The business or commercial purpose for which Find Probate sold or disclosed the category of personal information.
- Right to Know (Specific Pieces of Information Request): If you make a Right to Know (Specific Pieces of Information Request), you will receive the following information about you:
- a. Specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you.
- Right to Opt-out: You may exercise your right to opt out of the sale of personal information by calling us at 1-800-959-1247 or emailing [email protected]. If you opt out, we will not be able to offer you personalized ads and will not give your personal information to any third parties.
Find Probate does not sell any Personal Information of California consumers. This information will be provided to you free of charge, unless Find Probate determines that the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. You may request this information twice in a 12-month period.
- Right of Deletion
You have the right to request that Find Probate and our service providers delete any Personal Information about yourself that Find Probate has collected from you upon receipt of a verifiable request. This right is subject to exceptions.
- Submitting Requests
You can submit your request by calling us at 1-800-959-1247. You may also submit your request to [email protected]
- Verifying Requests
Find Probate allows California consumers to submit requests via telephone, website, or email. However, we must verify the person submitting the requestion is the California consumer the request involves. To verify the identity of the person making the requestion, we may require up to three pieces of Personal Information to compare against our records. We will not respond to requests if the requestee’s identity cannot be identified.
You do not need to create an account with us to make a verifiable consumer request. We use Personal Information provided in the request to verify the identity of the requestee and will delete this information about the request is processed. Find Probate reserves the right to take additional steps as necessary to verify the identity of California Consumers when we have reason to believe a request is fraudulent.
- Authorized Agent
A person registered with the California Secretary of State as your Authorized Agent may act on your behalf to submit your requests. However, your Authorized Agent must have written permission to submit your request, and you must verify your identity directly with Find Probate. Failure to do so may result in your request being denied.
- Right to Equal Service
Find Probate will not discriminate against you because you exercised any of your rights, including, but not limited to, by:
- Denying you goods or services.
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including by discounts, other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Providing or suggesting that you would receive a different price, rate, level, or quality for goods or services.
For Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Services, please send us a detailed message to [email protected].